08/05/21 - 08/24/21
07/24/21 - 07/24/21
Dependent on the day
48hr, 72hr, 96hr, 7day return visits
The purpose of this study is to measure the ability of two test products to kill germs on the skin up to 4 to 7 days after application to skin.
Sign up by appointment only!
Lower abdomen and groin
Restriction Date: 07/26/21 (14 days)
During the 14-day pre-test period and through completion of testing, you:
• Must not expose test sites to strong detergents, solvents, other irritants, antimicrobial agents, medicated soaps, medicated shampoos, or medicated lotions, hot waxes or depilatories, including shaving (in the applicable test areas).
• Must not wear fabric softener-treated or antimicrobial treated clothing.
• Must not use biocide-treated (e.g. chlorinated or brominated) pools or hot tubs, tanning beds, or sunbathe. This will allow the bacteria that normally lives on your skin to stabilize.
• Must not shower, bathe, or swim within the 72-hour period prior to sampling on screening day and test day (sponge baths may be taken, for example to wash the feet, however, the test areas must be avoided.
• Must be willing to fulfill the performance requirements of the study.
•Must be at least 18 years of age and no more than 65 years of age, or greater than 65 years of age and no more than 70 years of age with proof of vaccination for COVID-19 having been completed at least 30 days prior to enrolling in this study
•Abdomen and Groin must be free of injury no skin rashes, excessive freckling, moles, scratches, breaks in the skin etc.
•Test sites must be free of tattoos, dermatoses, cuts, skin disorders, etc.
•Cannot have participated in an Investigational New Drug Study: Have used an investigational drug or participated in an investigational study within 30 days prior to signing the informed consent for this study or are currently participating in a clinical study
•Female subjects must have a negative urine pregnancy test on treatment day.
•Have any internal device, such as hip and joint prothesis, that prevents you from laying supine with arms and legs bent and positioned outward to expose the test site for approximately 20 minutes as required for treatment; All other hardware is acceptable
•Cannot have known allergies or sensitivities to latex (natural rubber), metals, inks, sunscreens, deodorants, laundry detergents, cleansers, soaps, lotions, or common antibacterial agents, particularly, chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG), povidone iodine (PVPI), ethyl alcohol, and isopropyl alcohol or topical antibiotic ointments (e.g., Neosporin® or Polysporin®);
•Cannot be taking any antibiotic or steroid medications other than for contraception, hormone therapy, or postmenopausal purposes.
•Cannot bathe, shower, swim a minimum of 72 hours prior to your scheduled Screening and Test Day 0.
•This is not a complete list, please refer to Informed Consent Form for all qualifications.