02/03/20 - 02/03/20
8:00AM, 9:30AM, or 11:00AM
This study involves research to determine the amount of chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) on your skin following application of a test material bathing system.
Restriction Date: 01/27/20 (7 Days)
For 7 days prior to entering the lab, you must restrict what products touch the test sites. You will be provided a kit which contains soap, shampoo, and lotion which are approved for use. You will also be provided a pair of gloves for when you cannot avoid use of a restricted product.
Do not apply lotion and/or moisturizer to your forearms. Lotion and/or moisturizer may be applied to your hands as long as it does not reach past the wrist.
Do not bathe or shower within the 2 hours prior to the single laboratory visit
• Must be at least 18
• Must be able to read and understand English;
• Must possess both forearms and have a minimum forearm length (wrist crease to elbow crease) of 8.25 inches
• Must be in good general health
• Cannot have tattoos on your forearms
• Cannot have known allergies or sensitivities to latex (natural rubber), alcohols, sunscreens, deodorants, laundry detergents, inks, topically-applied fragrances (e.g., colognes or perfumes), cleansers, soaps, lotions, or to common antibacterial agents, particularly chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG)
• Cannot have ever experienced hives (raised welts) as a reaction to anything that contacted your skin, with the exception of plants known to cause reactions for most humans (e.g., poison oak or poison ivy)
• Cannot have a history of anaphylactic shock, anaphylactoid reaction, or anaphylactoid shock
• Cannot have any prosthetic devices or joints (e.g., pins, screws, plates, or rods) installed in the arms within the last 6 months;
• Cannot have any type of indwelling port or Peripherally-Inserted Central Catheter (PICC);
• Cannot be pregnant, plan to become pregnant or impregnate a sexual partner within the pre-test and test periods of the study, or be nursing a child.